I’ve just received the scanner, what should I do?
1. Plug it in as soon as it arrives to charge the battery. A red light is visible when charging.
2. After charging for about an hour, turn on the device.
3. Connect the device to your wireless network.
4. Start the Redeem Tickets application.
5. Select an event.
6. Start scanning.
How do I turn on the device?
Press the power button on the top of the device.
How do I connect to a wireless network?
- Click on Start.
- Choose SCU.
- Click the Profile tab.
- Click Scan to find your wifi network.
- Select your network from the list and click Configure to enter your wifi password.
- Choose your newly-created wifi profile from the Active Profile drop down menu on the Main tab.
- The scanner will display “Associated” when the device has connected to the network.
- Click OK to exit.
How do I start the TicketBiscuit Mobile application?
1. Click on Start.
2. Click on the Redeem Tickets icon.
Is my device connected to the Internet?
If the device is connected to the Internet, the Globe in the Redeem Tickets app will light up.
If disconnected, the Globe will have a red X on it.
How do I change/select Events?
1. Within the Redeem Tickets app, click on Menu->Select Event.
2. Your upcoming events will be listed. If not, click on Menu->Reload.
3. Select the event(s) you want to scan tickets for by checking the box next to the event(s). You can select all/none under Menu.
4. Click on OK when done.
Why aren’t my events listed under Select Event?
1. The scanner will only show events the occur in the next 14 days.
2. If your event occurs in the next 14 days and no events are listed, make sure the date/time is set correctly on the device. Close the application and click on the date/time on the home screen to set the correct date/time. Once set correctly, restart the Redeem Tickets application.
How do I scan a ticket?
1. Ensure Redeem Tickets is started.
2. Select the event(s).
3. Press and hold the right or left trigger button. Ensure the red laser covers the entire barcode on the ticket.
4. The scanner will beep and you will see a green “Go” if the ticket is valid or red “Stop” if the ticket is invalid or has been scanned previously.
If you receive a Stop message, the scanner will provide more information as to why the ticket was not accepted
There are multiple possibilities as why you received a Stop message:I received a Stop message. What should I do?
– The scanner is not connected to the Internet and the ticket was purchased after the scanner was last updated with the latest data.
– The ticket is for the wrong event.
– The ticket is a duplicate and has already been scanned.
– The ticket was canceled and is no longer valid.
To research the issue further, pull up the order in TicketBiscuit.
Do I have to be connected to the wireless network to scan tickets?
No, but you’ll want to connect to the Internet as close to the event time as possible. This will ensure you get the most recent ticket data onto the device. If you don’t have connectivity when scanning and come across a ticket not on the device, you’ll get a Stop message. If you do have connectivity, the device will automatically sync periodically in order to keep the device updated with the most recent ticket data, and to tell TicketBiscuit about the tickets you’ve scanned.
How do I Sync ticket data?
If the device is connected to the Internet, ticket data will sync automatically.
The scanner stopped scanning, what should I do?
Ensure the scanner is enabled:
1. Go to Start->Programs->Scan->Scan Wedge.
2. Select Enable from the ScanWedge menu.
3. Tap Setup->Symbology Config.
4. Select Enable All.
5. Tap OK.
Make sure you keep the device plugged in when it is not being used.
I’ve scanned tickets, but don’t show any as redeemed in TicketBiscuit?
Connect to a wireless network and and the application will upload the data.
How do I perform a soft (normal) reset?
No data is lost when performing a soft reset. It’s just like rebooting your computer.
Press F4 and the power button at the same time. Hold briefly until the device turns off.
How do I perform a hard reset?
Press F2 and the power button at the same time. Hold briefly until the device turns off. Press the Select button to confirm the hard reset.
How do I change the battery?
- Loosen the screw on the back of the scanner to access the battery.
- Pull up on the strip to pop the battery out of the device.
- Insert new battery with silver connections on the bottom.
Go here to install the latest version.How do I install the latest version of the TicketBiscuit Mobile software?
Do you have a How To manual for the Janam scanner?
Yep, click here to download. Note that the PDF is very large and make take a few minutes to download.